The week is full with end of the month items to complete, paintings to finish, photos to touch up, and cards to design. Plus a few random projects of my own that got started on a weekend… and are still wanting a little attention. In other words my whole house/workspace is in progress!
My computer at work, my painting studio space (yes, it is in a play pen!) and my bedroom that needs me to spend a few evenings with it! 🙂
Hopefully, next Monday… I’ll have a few finished items to post!
What a blessing it is to start the week over and work! Here is a look at my “workspace” in progress. : )
The start of summer marks many people heading out on short-term service projects all around the world.
It is a privilege to serve Jesus Christ with every talent that you have been given. If you have breath, Jesus has a purpose for you! So even if you may not think what you can do matters – serve! Loving God and loving people are the only things that matter in life and the only things that truly do last forever.
I have been privileged to serve several ministries throughout many years using graphic design and interior design. From decorating ministry buildings for the season, selecting design and color during the construction process, creating graphics, or simply creating set designs to accent the message being taught; I have been grateful to serve with what God has entrusted to me to use.
Watch LeA’Tev on social media this week to see a few of the graphic designs created for non-profit ministries and non-profit ministries supported by LeA’Tev.
Your home becomes the only place in the world where visitors get a visual glimpse into your world. Since most of us do not live in magazine worlds… although I often wish for the Jetson’s Rosie and the automatic Dresser… our home needs to be us and not someone’s idea of the current ideal.
People can pick up a magazine anywhere, but they can only see your family personality at your house – so enjoy the process and don’t feel pressured by what you find in stores and books.
Did you answer your questions!
- What are your favorite colors?
- What do you want people to feel when they walk in your home?
- What things do you have that you want to showcase – things you “love” or things that are just uniquely you?
NEXT STEP – Where to begin:
- Pick a starting point – Decorating everything – the entire interior space now!
- Doable, but I would recommend getting someone to at least give you good advice and walk with you through the process. And be prepared to either spend lots of time or hire some aspects to be completed by professionals.
- I have assisted people whose home was either destroyed through disaster or have interior design within their construction budget and everything has to be done now, upfront.
- If this is you, feel free to contact me. I would love to help you!
- Pick a starting point – Already in an existing space.
- I like to prioritize my top three-four areas that I want to focus on for three reasons:
- 1. I sometimes need time to finish processing an idea, so I know what my secondary priorities are and I can work to create each space a little at a time.
- 2. I enjoy creating design and art in my house, but if I start adding too many areas and ideas all at once – it is not creating it’s a to-do list… I have enough to-do’s already!
- 3. I can create, save, and budget well for small portions. Larger items that may need more time can be put on hold, while I can still move on to smaller items and areas to work on for a bit.
What are your top three areas? An area can be as small as a section of one wall or as big as one room.
Pick one and let’s begin!